There may be a very few people in this world who do not know Charlie Chaplin. Even though he rose to fame in the period of silent films where the actor didn’t say a single word and still managed to reside in the hearts of his fans, Charlie Chaplin quotes are very famous and well-loved.
Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin, aka Charlie Chaplin, was born on April 16, 1889, in London, England, and was a beloved actor and filmmaker. His personification of the character ‘the tramp’ is one of the most well-loved characters ever and is deemed a significant figure in the film industry.
He had an early start in his career, and he went on to give over 75 years of his life into the glamour industry. In fact, he was working right up to his death when he passed away at the age of 88 on December 25, 1977.
A man who rose to fame after a childhood of hardship and poverty, he is a testament to the things that a person can achieve if he is willing to go the extra mile. Here are some wonderful and brilliant Charlie Chaplin quotes on self-love, laughter, and motivation that are sure to stir at your heartstrings.
Charlie Chaplin Quotes About Self Love
When you truly begin to love yourself for the person that you are, you free yourself of every toxic thing and people who drag at your mental energy and bring you down. This is one of the most important topics that Charlie Chaplin advocated for: self-love. Here are some beautiful Charlie Chaplin Quotes about Self Love that will make you start loving yourself first and foremost.
1. I am what I am: an individual, unique and different.
2. The basic essential of a great actor is that he loves himself in acting.
3. Think about yourself at least once in your life otherwise you may miss the best comedy in this world.
4. I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician.
5. That’s the trouble with the world. We all despise ourselves.
6. You have to believe in yourself. That’s the secret.
Read More: 60 Best Marcus Aurelius Quotes For Inspiration
Charlie Chaplin Love & Friendship Quotes
7. Perfect love is the most beautiful of all frustrations because it is more than one can express.
8. To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune.
9. You need Power, only when you want to do something harmful otherwise Love is enough to get everything done.
10. Only the unloved hate; the unloved and the unnatural.
Also Read: Top 105 Albert Einstein Quotes To Motivate Yourself
Charlie Chaplin’s Quotes on Laughter
Most of us are so caught up in our worlds and our problems that we forget to smile or laugh. However, Charlie Chaplin believed that if we spend a single day without laughing to our heart’s content, that is a wasted day! Here are some beautiful Charlie Chaplin Quotes on Laughter that explain the importance of laughter in an individual’s life.
11. Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease from pain.
12. My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.
13. We must laugh in the face of our helplessness against the forces of nature – or go insane.
14. A day without laughing is a day wasted.
15. Laughter stops our pain.
16. You’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile.
17. To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!
18. I believe in the power of laughter and tears as an antidote to hatred and terror.
Take A Look: 90 Best Bob Marley Quotes About Life And Love
Charlie Chaplin Quotes About Life
19. Life can be wonderful if you’re not afraid of it. All it needs is courage, imagination … and a little dough.
20. Life is a beautiful magnificent thing, even to a jelly fish.
21. I suppose that’s one of the ironies of life – doing the wrong thing at the right moment.
22. Whomever lives, gambles with life.
23. The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way.
24. Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone.
25. Life salutes u when u make others happy.
26. Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.
27. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.
28. What do you want meaning for? Life is desire, not meaning.
29. It isn’t the ups and downs that make life difficult; it’s the jerks.
30. Life is a play that does not allow testing. So, sing, cry, dance, laugh and live intensely, before the curtain closes and the piece ends with no applause.
Check: 90 Top Elisabeth Kubler Ross Quote
Charlie Chaplin’s Sad Quotes
31. I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.
32. The saddest thing I can imagine is to get used to luxury.
33. We might as well die as to go on living like this.
34. If looked carefully, everyone’s lives are tragedies
Charlie Chaplin Mirror Quote
35. The mirror is my best friend because when I cry it never laughs.
Inspirational Quotes by Charlie Chaplin
The life and the achievements of Charlie Chaplin are inspirational enough for us to work wholeheartedly towards our dreams and passions. However, there are several quotes by him that are as inspirational and motivational as the life he lived. Check out some of these Inspirational Quotes by Charlie Chaplin and be inspired to live more and do more.
36. Nothing is permanent in this wicked world – not even our troubles.
37. Time is the best author. It always writes the perfect ending.
38. Imagination means nothing without doing.
39. Don’t be afraid of the unknown because, even when they wander into chaos, planets are born stars!
40. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that.
41. We think too much and feel too little.
42. You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.
43. Tomorrow, the birds will sing. Be brave. Face life.
44. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness
45. You are only as good as the woman you are standing beside.
46. Simplicity is a difficult thing to achieve.
47. Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference.
48. I have found that great ideas come when you have a great desire to have them.
49. Anyone can make them cry, but it takes a genius to make them laugh.
50. Judge a man not by how he treats his equals but by how he treats his inferiors.
51. There are more valid facts and details in works of art than there are in history books.
52. In the light of our egos, we are all dethroned monarchs.
53. I have many problems in my life. But my lips don’t know that. They always smile.
54. This is a ruthless world and one must be ruthless to cope with it.
Charlie Chaplin Funny Quotes
55. They cheer me because they all understand me, and they cheer you because no one understands you.
56. A man’s true character comes out when he’s drunk.
57. Have them all shot. I don’t want any of my workers dissatisfied.
58. All I need to make a comedy is a park, a policeman and a pretty girl.
59. Words are cheap. The biggest thing you can say is ‘elephant’.
60. I don’t need interesting camera angles, I am interesting.