Rumi, whose full name is Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī, was a famous poet, Islamic scholar, faqih, and theologian. He was born on 30 September 1207 in Afghanistan and died on 17 December 1273 in Turkey.
Rumi love quotes are one that people seek to look at love through the eyes of this Persian connoisseur who embellished his words with his beautiful thoughts. Even though his works are mostly written in Persian, his poems and his art have been translated into several different languages and formats. This is how his words have transcended the borders that he was born in to reach millions of people all over the world who love and cherish his poems.
Even though centuries have passed since he left the world for good, his poetry is still read all over the world, through translations and in the original language as well. No wonder Rumi has been hailed as the ‘most popular poet’, a title that he justly deserves. Here are some beautiful Rumi Love quotes that we’re sure you’ll love.
Rumi Love Quotes
1. Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.
2. In their seeking, wisdom and madness are one and the same. On the path of love, friend and stranger are one and the same.
3. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.
4. Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
5. Would you become a pilgrim on the road of love? The first condition is that you make yourself humble as dust and ashes.
6. I am filled with you. Skin, blood, bone, brain, and soul. There’s no room for lack of trust, or trust. Nothing in this existence but that existence.
7. Through love, bitter thing seem sweet; through love, bits of copper are made gold.
8. Someone who does not run toward the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives. But this dove here senses the love hawk floating above, and waits, and will not be driven or scared to safety.
9. When you seek love with all your heart you shall find its echo in the universe.
10. If you want to win hearts, sow the seeds of Love. If you want heaven, stop scattering thorns on the road.
11. Whatever happens, just keep smiling and lose yourself in love.
12. Love is an emerald. Its brilliant light wards off dragons on this treacherous path.
13. Come out of the circle of time and into the circle of love.
14. Discard yourself and thereby regain yourself. Spread the trap of humility and ensnare love.
15. Love is the religion, and the universe is the book.
16. This sky where we live is no place to lose your wings so love, love, love.
17. Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer.
18. In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.
19. Love is the house of God and you are living in that house.
20. Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.
21. Love is an open secret, the most obvious thing in the world and the most hidden, with no why to how it keeps its mystery.
22. There is little one can say about love. It has to be lived, and it’s always in motion.
23. You have within you more love than you could ever understand.
24. I have no companion but Love, no beginning, no end, no dawn. The soul calls from within me: ‘You, ignorant of the way of Love, set me free.
25. Reason is powerless in the expression of love.
26. Love is a river. Drink from it.
27. If destiny comes to help you, love will come to meet you. A life without love isn’t a life.
28. Love rests on no foundation. It is an endless ocean, with no beginning or end.
29. You will learn by reading, but you will understand with Love.
30. Whenever we can manage to love without expectations, calculations, negotiations, we are indeed in heaven.
31. The heart has its own language. The heart knows a hundred thousand ways to speak.
32. Love is the whole thing. We are only pieces.
33. If you love someone, you are always joined with them – in joy, in absence, in solitude, in strife.
34. A thousand half-loves must be forsaken to take one whole heart home.
35. On the path of love we are neither masters nor the owners of our lives. We are only a brush in the hand of the master painter.
36. Lovers have heartaches that can’t be cured by drugs or sleep, or games, but only by seeing their beloved.
37. Love comes with a knife, not some shy question, and not with fears for its reputation!
38. In the silence of love you will find the spark of life.
39. Laugh as much as you breathe. Love as long as you live.
40. Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absentminded. Someone sober will worry about things going badly. Let the lover be.
41. Love is the bridge between you and everything.
42. Close your eyes. Fall in love. Stay there.
43. However much we describe and explain love, when we fall in love we are ashamed of our words.
44. Through love burning fire is pleasing light.
45. The torch of love is all sweetness.
46. Love sometimes wants to do us a great favor: hold us upside down and shake all the nonsense out.
47. Only love itself can explain love and lovers.
48. There is no salvation for the soul but to fall in love. Only lovers can escape out of these two worlds.
49. Love is the ark appointed for righteous, which annuls the danger and provides a way of escape.
50. Through love thorns become roses; through love vinegar becomes sweet wine.
51. A true lover is provided such by his pain of heart; no sickness is there like the sickness of heart.
52. This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.
53. Now I am sober and there’s only the hangover and the memory of love.
54. Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I’ll meet you there.
55. I want a trouble-maker for a lover, blood spiller, blood drinker, a heart of flame, who quarrels with the sky and fights with fate, who burns like fire on the rushing sea.
56. Love risks everything and asks for nothing
57. Let your teacher be love itself.
58. Be certain that in the religion of Love there are no believers and unbelievers. Love embraces all.
59. Gamble everything for love, if you are a true human being. Half-heartedness does not reach into majesty.
60. This is what love does and continues to do. It tastes like honey to adults and milk to children.
61. Love is the water of life. Drink it down with heart and soul.
62. If I love myself I love you. If I love you I love myself.
63. I once had a thousand desires, but in my one desire to know you, all else melted away.
64. Beggar of Love, for all the joys that the world contains, reckon that Love is the gold-mine, and those things but gilded.
65. Do you know why the lovers’ eyes have become like a cloud in Love? Because that moon generally is concealed in clouds.
66. Azrael has no power or way to overcome lovers; love itself and passion slays the lovers of love.
67. The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, without knowing how blind I was.
68. Let the beauty of love, be what you do.
69. They say there is a doorway from heart to heart, but what is the use of a door when there are no walls?
70. Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.
71. Love is the cure, for your pain will keep giving birth to more pain until your eyes constantly exhale love as effortlessly as your body yields its scent.
72. Let us carve gems out of our stony hearts and let them light our path to love.
73. Wisdom tells us we are not worthy; love tells us we are. My life flows between the two.
74. One who is really loved is the single object of her lover, the Alpha and Omega of his desires.
75. Without love, all worship is a burden, all dancing is a chore, all music is mere noise.
Rumi Love Poems
The most beautiful thing about love is that it cannot be seen or touched or heard. It is a beautiful feeling that can only be felt by people who are in love with someone. Although it is a difficult emotion to express, Rumi did it flawlessly and excellently through the power of his poetry.
He could beautifully bring to life the love and emotions that a lover experiences and put it on his paper, a tangible thing that could be read and understood. Unsurprisingly the Rumi Love poems are sought after and read even today. Here are some beautiful Rumi Love Poems that you’ll love for sure.
76. “I was dead, then alive.
Weeping, then laughing.
The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.”
77. “I will be waiting here…
For your silence to break,
for your soul to shake,
for your love to wake.”
78. “I want that love that moved the mountains.
I want that love that split the ocean.
I want that love that made the winds tremble.
I want that love that roared like thunder.
I want that love that will raise the dead.
I want that love that lifts us to ecstasy.
I want that love that is the silence of eternity.”
79. “At night, I open the window
and ask the moon to come
and press its face against mine.
Breathe into me.
Close the language-door
and open the love-window.
The moon won’t use the door,
only the window.”
80. “Love isn’t the work of the tender and the gentle;
Love is the work of wrestlers.
The one who becomes a servant of lovers
is really a fortunate sovereign.
Don’t ask anyone about Love; ask Love about Love.
Love is a cloud that scatters pearls.”
81. “Love is from the infinite, and will remain until eternity.
The seeker of love escapes the chains of birth and death.
Tomorrow, when resurrection comes,
The heart that is not in love will fail the test.”
82. “You cannot hide love
Love will get on its way
To the heart of someone you love
Far or near, it goes home
To where it belongs
To the heart of lovers.”
83. “To Love is to be God.
Never will a Lover’s chest
feel any sorrow.
Never will a Lover’s robe
be touched by mortals.
Never will a Lover’s body
be found buried in the earth.
To Love is to be God.”
84. “You think you are alive
because you breathe air?
Shame on you,
that you are alive in such a limited way.
Don’t be without Love,
so you won’t feel dead.
Die in Love
and stay alive forever.”
85. “You call out, I am the lover,
But these are mere words.
If you see lover and Beloved as two,
you either have double vision,
or you can’t count.”